Sunday, October 31, 2010

An early giving of "Thanks!"

This is a collage of all the people who have made my first 2.5 months in Cheonan WONDERFUL. Without the kindness, concern, and love of these amazing people, I can't imagine how confused and isolated I would feel. Because of them, I feel welcomed and at home in a culture and a country that is, in some ways, very different from my own. So "thank-you"s to my co-teacher Ms. Na, my principal Yu 교장선 생님, my co-worker and friend Melanie and her friend Jane, all the teachers at my school especially those in my gyomushil, my host parents and sisters, and of course, my amazing sweet and hilarious students:

Top left, clockwise: a group of my English Club students at the school picnic with me and Eddie; Ms. Kim, Ms. Na and I on a gyomushil bonding trip; Eddie and me with my student Ah-Yeong who always carries my laptop to class on Monday mornings; the teachers in my gyomushil (Mr. Mun, Ms. Kim, Mr. Jeong, and Ms. Park, not pictured are Ms. Na and Ms. Lee); Me and Melanie with the Principal and another teacher out to dinner; me, Melanie and Jane; Damhee and Bumhee, and me with my host parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment