My parents mailed me a plush Big Red and a couple of WKU towels so that I can represent my alma mater in the SK! It's funny because I never got very into school spirit while at Western (my only school hoodie was tie-dye instead of red and white), but now I feel so grateful to my university for its amazing community, for my intellectual growth during my four years there, and for preparing me for the adventure I'm living now. I can't imagine my life without those four years at Western.
So now, before I get way too sentimental and start shedding tears of appreciation all over my blog (maybe someone can lend me an e-hankie?), allow me to present the first installment of...
"The Adventures of Big Red: 경주시 (Gyeongju City)"
I showed this collage in my classes this week and gave stickers if my students could answer "Where in Korea did Big Red go this weekend?" He's my classroom buddy, and sometimes I use him to call on students. If I just gesture to a student and they don't want to answer, they will look away and pretend they didn't see. BUT, if Big Red comes flying toward them and lands on their desk, there's no pretending. They have to answer. (Evil laugh)

crazy americans!
ReplyDelete