Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Some things I've learned this week:

1. Homesickness comes on stronger on rainy days, which, in Korea, can be every day in September...

2. Sometimes getting really PUMPED about how good I am at humility can be a great, if a bit backward, ego boost (especially now that I find myself a clumsy beginner at EVERYTHING: teaching English, taking Ashtanga yoga, being a foreigner, dressing professionally...)

3. No matter how much I thought I loved and appreciated my family, my friends, my amazing professors at WKU, the academic life, and the beautiful state of Kentucky, it took transplanting my life half-way around the world to realize how INCREDIBLY FORTUNATE I am to have been blessed with those things.


SO, my goals for this week are:

1. to store up this rush of gratitude in my memory so that it can become a constant positive influence on my mind, and

2. to grab onto even the smallest positive thing in my day and blow it WAY out of proportion ;)

1 comment: