Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Visit to Cheongju!

Today I went to Cheongju with one of our orientation coordinators, Erin, and some other teachers-in-training. It was awesome to get away from Korean classes and lesson planning (and the not-so-metropolitan Goesan) for the capital city of Chungcheongbuk-do province.

Me and my friend Jillian right after we arrived in Cheongju:


We ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant that was much more authentic than any I've ever eaten at. I got "seafood noodles with soybean sauce," which is pretty hard to eat with chopsticks and a spoon...


At least I wasn't eating this:


After that we had some coffee,


I creepily snapped this sweet photo of a girl in the coffee shop,


and I bought some cute Korean clothes / accessories (the dog walks around the watch as the second hand!):


Now it's time for a long date with my Korean flashcards:



Good bye!/안녕히가세요!(annyeonghi gaseyo)

3 comments:

  1. How many students will you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Happer. I'm still here Happer.

    @Uncle Tom - I won't know until I get my placement at the end of August. Probably around 15-20 classes (each once a week) with around 40 students in each class. So potentially around 800.

    ReplyDelete