I had my last lesson during Camp Fulbright today, and the theme was "discrimination" taught through the lens of the Salem Witch Trials. I think class went well; the students were older this time (late middle and early high school), and they seemed to be engaged despite the exhaustion that has spread to everyone at Jungwon U. They got pretty animated during the simulation, "Goesan Witch Trial" (no one was hung or pressed to death during this mock trial production), and Jillian caught a picture of my novice teaching skills in action (sort of) as one of the students explained that the other falsely accused her!

Though I am glad the craziness of planning and practicing lessons during the already-busy orientation schedule is over, I will miss teaching the CF students. They made it pretty awesome!
"all the worlds a stage" some guy said. And so, now you're on, it's your turn, you get to play the role of "teacher" the way you always dreamed it might be/could be/should be. Break a leg.
ReplyDeleteCompetence and composure you have in abundance, as you humbly step into your part. End scene one.